We can recommend a few local architects to help put your
ideas on paper. You may already have your
plans complete, if so, we can move forward to your
2. Specification Sheet - This is a description of your home in every detail. We meet with you to get all of your selections, helping you to pick out everything from flooring and baseboards to cabinets and countertops. This helps us get a cost proposal from every sub-contractor so we can begin the next step.
3. Proposal - We meet with you and present the entire specification sheet and cost of your project.
4. Sign Contracts - When you accept the specification sheet cost, we sign all contracts.
5. Permits - This ensures your home is compliant with all building, energy, and zoning codes. A permit is issued once all plan requirements are met.
6. Start Project - Once steps 1-5 are complete, we will break ground on your project or home. Average homes from 2000-3000 sq. ft. take roughly 3 1/2 - 4 months from breaking ground to completion. Expect 6-8 months for a home of 4000-8000 sq ft.
7. Inspections - Inspections are held at various stages of the construction process to ensure the project complies with all building codes. When the inspection passes, the inspector signs off on each item. This enables the building process to advance.
8. Project Completion - When final inspection is complete and signed off by the inspector, your final walk-through will be scheduled.
9. Move In - When all walk-through papers are signed with Acosta Construction and the final draw payment has been collected, you will be given the keys to your new home!